Re: [suse-security] Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

On Friday 04 June 2004 11:42, b@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> smtpd_delay_reject = no
> smtpd_sender_restrictions =
> hash:/etc/postfix/access,reject_unknown_sender_domain
> smtpd_client_restrictions =
> smtpd_helo_required = yes
> disable_vrfy_command = yes
> strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>             reject_invalid_hostname,
>             reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
>             reject_non_fqdn_sender,
>             reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
>             reject_unknown_sender_domain,
>             reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
>             permit_mynetworks,
>             reject_unauth_destination,
>             permit

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
	permit_mynetworks,
	permit_auth_destination,
	reject

> smtpd_data_restrictions =
>             reject_unauth_pipelining,
>             permit
>
> Couple of lines out of my postfix main.cf file.

Your (quite minimal) configuration will not stop the virus in question, the
sender host matches all criteria you listed here. I have no problems in
stopping the virusses entering my system (a single RBL in
smtpd_client_restrictions is sufficient in case of the 'dip.t-dialin.net'
senders), it is the virus warnings from perfectly legitimate systems that are
bothering me.

Best regards,
Arjen