Re: [suse-security] T-Online abuse address ignoring complaints

Gideon Hallett wrote:

> I've come to the conclusion that t-online (and especially t-dialin)
> users are a wretched hive of scum and villainy; and that the company
> itself simply doesn't care.

Nonsense. The T-Com dialin infrastructure is the base of a huge number
number of non-permanent internet connections, both for private and for
business use (modems, DSL, etc.). T-Online and other German ISPs buy
connectivity from T-Com. Among these users are, if you permit the pun,
the good, the bad and the ugly -- just like everywhere else in the
world.

> If I could convince my bosses that blocking t-online ranges at the
> border was a good idea, I'd have a much easier job as a sysadmin.

If you could convice your bosses to do so, I'd very much doubt their
intelligence. Why not block China or the USA aswell? Why not live on
an IT island? Millions of people suffer from viruses spoofing sender
addresses, and in every country there are infected computers. There is
no "realm of evil" that can be isolated.

> I for one would particularly like to find whoever was 217.234.167.14
> (pD9EAA70E.dip.t-dialin.net) at 23:53 on 14/5/04 and point out to
> them that what they were doing was illegal and punishable by time in
> prison.

Oh boy... I advise you have a beer and get some sleep.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter

HORUS-IT
Ahornweg 10
D-57635 Oberirsen