Re: [suse-security] automatischer ssh-login ohne key-exchange

Hello,

Am Freitag, 4. Juni 2004 10:00 schrieb Andreas Wagner:
> is somebody aware of a way to automate a ssh-login (script-wise or
> via another application) when the remote sshd doesn't provide
> key-based authentication?
> I want to do automated downloads via sftp, but the ftp servers sshd
> keeps asking for my password... (But then, it's not so vital to have
> it automated, it would just be nice.)

Have a look at   expect   and   autoexpect (and their man pages).
Disadvantage: You have to write the password in cleartext in a
scriptfile on your harddisk.

BTW: Are you able to upload files to the server? Then it would be worth
a try to upload a .ssh/authorized_keys file to your home directory ;-)

Gruß

Christian Boltz
--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays
a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.