[suse-security] Re: Kernel versions 2.2.x are also affected by new Kernel bug!

> Hi list,
> in addition (and in opposite to what was posted on www.heise.de)
> kernel-versions 2.2.x are also affected - I tested it on two different
> machines. Just to inform you...
>
> And again SuSE-people (with a Hello! to Roman ;)): when will we get an
> update? I am not asking for 2.2.x, but for 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernels...

The bug is classified "Gravierend" in Heise Newsticker, which I do not
fully comply with. This is a post-auth local DoS that there exist many of
these days. All of those have a simple cure: userdel -r.

We have heard of it shortly before the weekend, and we're working on it.
There are some more bugs that are to be considered more serious, from a
more objective standpoint - we will include the fixes for these with even
more pressure.

> Greetz
> Christoph

Thanks,