Re: [suse-security] Kernel update hangs system!

Hi,

this is excactly the same Problem I had. I had to disable the remount entry
in /etc/boot.rootfsck to get the System booting again. Of course nothing
wanted to work without write support to the system. But at least I got it up
again an could solve the problem after a while. Anyhow.. as soon as I made a
mount -n -o remount,rw / the HDD Led was constantly on and the system hanged.
Sorry for my angry post yesterday.. I had a long day and came home just to
see that my server is broken and I had to spend 3 hours in the cellar to get
it working again. A bit frustrating ;o). So anyhow here are some data of my
system:

PII 266 Mhz
Ausu Board (Don't know the Model right now)
128MB Ram
2,5GB HDD (So I can accknowleage the guessing of John with old HDD's) ()
Voodoo III Graphic Card
2 Networkcards -> One internal one to the DSL Modem

My Partitions on the HDD are:

25MB     ext3  /boot
512MB  swap   Swapspace
1,9GB   ext3  /

Kernelversion was the newest Kernel from YOU.

MFG

Daniel