Re: [suse-security] permissions.local ignored on SuSE 9.0?

Dear Ralf,

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Ralf Ronneburger wrote:

> maybe one of you has also stumbled over this - I've set my persmissions
> in /etc/sysconfig/security to:
>
> PERMISSION_SECURITY="paranoid local"
>
> But my systems keeps on ignoring the settings in the file
> permissions.local. Is this a bug or did I miss something?

There is a design flaw in SuSEconfig and maybe you are falling foul of it.

When you run SuSEconfig,  /etc/permissions.local is referenced by
/sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.permissions . However, other scripts in this
directory run afterwards and may undo what you have done.

Or maybe you are just not running SuSEconfig?

Bob