Re: [suse-security] trouble with webmin installation

On Friday 18 June 2004 12:11 pm, Emiliano Sutil wrote:
> Hello,.
>
> I have installed webmin-1.139-42 on a SuSe 9.1 and the directory
> /etc/webmin is empty
> so when I try to run /etc/init.d/webmin start it fails because it
> doesn´t find /etc/webmin/start
>
> What am I doing wrong? Have I missed any package?

I don't know about the version that comes with SuSE 9.1 but I know the version
with 9.0 had some problems and it was better to remove it and install the
version from webmin.com.  You might want to try doing that.  Also the version
on their website is 1.5.something and has some fixes that might not be in the
version that you're using.
--
Mark McKibben
http://www.coffeebear.net/

"The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we
must put up with a good deal of rubbish."
- Robert Jackson