Re: [suse-security] trouble with webmin installation

Mark McKibben wrote:

On Friday 18 June 2004 12:11 pm, Emiliano Sutil wrote:
Hello,.

I have installed webmin-1.139-42 on a SuSe 9.1 and the directory
/etc/webmin is empty
so when I try to run /etc/init.d/webmin start it fails because it
doesn´t find /etc/webmin/start

What am I doing wrong? Have I missed any package?

I don't know about the version that comes with SuSE 9.1 but I know the version with 9.0 had some problems and it was better to remove it and install the version from webmin.com. You might want to try doing that. Also the version on their website is 1.5.something and has some fixes that might not be in the version that you're using.
I have installed the version 1.150-1 from webmin site and It installs correctly,

Thanks