Re: [suse-security] what has become of the latest kernel hang/freeze bug?

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2004 19:14 schrieb Jim Westbrook:
> And for many of us the "fix" was worse than the original problem.
>  The unpatched kernel would at least BOOT.

But this machine is save now :-)
(waiting too for a new kernel)

If I have to guess, I would say, DMA is involved, because it doesn't
work with a machine here, where 1 drive has DMA problems and I
disabled it therefore, while this machine has the same chipset
(815i) and processor than a working machine.

Al