Re: [suse-security] what has become of the latest kernel hang/freeze bug?

On Thursday 24 June 2004 13:44, Al Bogner wrote:

> I suppose that only the drive is important, where /boot and /
> locates.

Don't think so. Just two of the most similar machines (with identical setup
for the filesystems) but very different behaviour:

ChainTech 5VGM0 (i430VX) with Maxtor 33073H3 revision YAH814Y0: fails
ChainTech 6BTM (i440BX) with Maxtor 33073H3 revision YAH814Y0: OK

Drivers used are identical (according to hwinfo) so it looks to me that
something else goes wrong.

Best regards,
Arjen