RE: [suse-security] what has become of the latest kernel hang/fre eze bug?

Hi Jason,

> I suspect the initrd didn't install correctly. Could I please get a link to
> the procedure for re-installing the initrd in 9.0? Preferably from a CDROM.
> Thanks in advance.

--> boot from your SuSE CD into "Rescue mode". Then mount the boot
partition read-write on "/mnt"

Run the script "mk_initrd" from /mnt/sbin" with the options
"-d /mnt" and maybe "-b /mnt/boot" (don't remember whether the -b is
needed. Use
-m "eth0 ext3 ..." (customize to your needs)

Good luck!
Armin