Re: [suse-security] Problems writting to Promise disk

Stephan L Jansen wrote:

Hi,

This is not specific to this kernel or even the Adaptec controller or driver.
We have a few of these drives (RM8000) attached to Adaptec and LSI logic
controllers and have seen occasional SCSI hangs on a variety of kernels.

I'd make sure you have the latest firmware installed on the RAID box and give
Promise a call (not that it did us much good).