[suse-security] Recomendations for surveillance/configuration/heartbeat tool for remote servers

Hi,

I have a network of servers and I'd like to get some recomendations for
selecting the right tools for this task:
- I have a series of simple servers connected on the Internet
- I'd like to remotely:
        - control all those servers,
        - watch their behaviour,
        - implement somekind of heartbeat function (servers send heartbeat
packets in regular time intervals - if not received -> alarm),
        - statistics framework for performance analysis
        - if possible to have secure connections (possibly in software) also
for other communication ports that other applications use ...

I found some tools like Argus, but as newbie I'm not sure if they satisfy my
needs...

Any recomendation, idea, pointer to more info would be great,

thanks in advance,

Robert.