Re: [suse-security] Problems writting to Promise disk

Carlos Costa e Silva wrote:

Sorry about the previous post. Fumbling fingers sent the mail by mistake.

I've just installed a software raid SuSE 9.1 server and it was a breeze.

When the installer arrives at the partitioning phase, look around in the (advanced?) dropdowns and there's an option to make partitions of type RAID.

FWIW, I created two identical swap partitions (one on each drive) and then created the RAID partition on the first drive. The installer then asked and auto created the identical partition in the other drive.

Don't know if it's this simple in previous SuSE versions.

Carlos

--
Carlos Costa e Silva <carlos@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Carlos

I´ll try it when I have a litle of time. I´ll report my experiece to the list when I´ve done it,

Emi