[suse-security] kernel update thread

My apologies if I've missed something in this thread.  I have 3 SuSe servers (two 9.0 and one 9.1)- all older pentium boxes. I have not run the kernel updates after reading of all the problems.  There was some early activity in this thread concerning going to more of the Red Hat "fallback position" kernel update (giving the option of booting to an older kernel if disaster strikes).  Is this an option now using YAST?  After being bitten by SAMBA 3.02 to 3.04 update problems on the 9.1 box, I'm not eager to break things again.

Thanks,

Dan Willis