Re: [suse-security] How to drop Winmx p2p

On Jun 30, lab.civitanova@xxxxxxxx <lab.civitanova@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

How can I stop winmix peer to peer connections? I try in my gateway machine to write this : "iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --syn -dport 6699 -j DROP", but it doesn't work. Winmix seem to connect anyway with a remote host at the port 6699.

First: Better stop all traffic except for "known good" ports. There are so many was to do file sharing, that you can hardly prevent them by firewalling.

Second: You probably have another rule that allows all traffic and the rule above is appended to your ruleset. Better use -I (insert) and not -A (append).

Markus