Re: [suse-security] Daily Cron Similar to FreeBSD Periodic Daily

Thanks everyone!! I will give that a shot! Looks like the yast install setup cron as well! As far as I can tell there isn't much else to do except read the mail sent to root.

Thanks,
Eric

nordi wrote:

Eric Kahklen wrote:

Does SuSE have anything similar to the FreeBSD's periodic daily cron job that does systems checks such as some basic security that is mailed to the root alias?

"seccheck" is what you want. It's a nice little script from SuSE that looks for world writable files/directories, helps you keep track of SUID programs and checks if the passwords are secure (among many other things). AFAIK it is part of any recent SuSE distro.

nordi