Re: [suse-security] Auto-replies

Jonathan Gardner wrote:

> I am trying to cooperate with the list administrators so that I can
> track down which email address is subscribed.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that. My message was written in the
hope that other people who are responsible for auto-replies or similar
misconfigurations of their mail systems and who are reading/lurking here
also realize that they are supposed to follow your example and finally
do something against the data garbage they're producing.

I have not yet personally subscribed to mailing lists which produce more
"user does not exist", "thanks for your mail" or "John Doe is out of the
office" messages than suse-security and suse-domino. I was beginning to
wonder if people just don't care or are too unskilled to prevent these
annoying mails, which are generated after every posting to one of the
aforementioned mailing lists.

So, once more, thanks to you for taking action, and to all the others
still in doubt (or catatonic): please get your system setups fixed.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter

HORUS-IT
Ahornweg 10
D-57635 Oberirsen