AW: [suse-security] Problem with Windows Network Neighborhood and Linux

Hi,

don't look like a virus to me. But on the other hand I don't really believe
you "haven't changed anything" will be true either. As far as I remember
Windows is using a set of name resolution possibilities like:

.../etc/hosts
lmhosts
WINS
Browser Master
Broadcast

So you should think about any changes done before the problem occurs. IMO
even a reboot of the Master Browser might be a difference, already. So which
Windows machines do you have? Can you resolve the names at the Windows Boxes
using
nbtstat ...
can you ping other machines using
ping <netbios name>

There is something else where you might find some valuable information. The
System Event log of your windows boxes, check esp. for Browser entries.
Finally you should trace during opening the Network Neighborhood at one
machine and check for the NBNS and BROWSER protocol too. What's going on
there?

Any Firewall installed at one of the Windows boxes, any MS Sec. updates
installed recently?

best regards
Robert