RE: [suse-security] password recovery

If the root partition is in LVM then you'll also need to run the LVM
commands (pvscan etc, can't remember, I'll look at my notes in the morning)
to see this partition. This is the main reason I use:
/dev/sda1	/boot	ext2
/dev/sda2	swap
/dev/sda3	/	reiserfs
/dev/sda4	extended partition
/dev/sda5	LVM partition

Makes /boot and / trivial to access, assuming I have a boot disk
with the megaraid2 driver available.

Tom.