Re: [suse-security] New SSH vulnerability or what? Users acted as root...

Hello,

Am Montag, 3. Oktober 2005 15:17 schrieb Jure Koren:
> On Monday 03 October 2005 13:35, HG wrote:
> > But then somewhat after that (half an hour) our /var was suddenly
> > turned to read-only. So the logs had a gap for about an hour:
>
> This tends to happen after a filesystem corruption is detected or a
> failure to perform a disk read or write.

ACK - this would be my first guess too.

> I have never heard of a partition going read-only out of the blue, but
> have seen this happen numerous times when the disk was giving read
> and/or write errors,

You can set the behaviour with   tune2fs   (and maybe the tools for
other filesystems too). I usually set it to "remount ro on error". This
is annoying if it really happens, but much better than destroying my
data more and more...

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
> Führst Du schon Selbstgespräche? ;-)
Hm. Kann sein. Was meinst du? Nein, glaube ich nicht.
Sicher? Ganz sicher.
Nein, tun wir nicht.
[> Christian Boltz und Ratti in fontlinge-devel]