[suse-security] IDS software

Dear all,

Please advice for some feature rich and automatic IDS sw for
SUSE Linux.
I'm seeking for a IDS that I can setup a event/action combination.

P.E. If somebody try an unauthorized login on a system after three
atempt I would like to ban this adress for some time (24h)
I have an idea how to resolve that using a log parsing and iproute
command but I'm affraid that the performance of my server will drop
dramaticly.

Thanks.

Regards,
Dragan Andric