Re: [suse-security] Apache update problem

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:52:01PM +0100, suse@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The command line was:
> /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf	  	     failed
> Failed services in runlevel 3:                                       apache2
> To correct the problem, I have to overwrite the apache2 config file the
> update has kindly installed for me, with a backup copy, and then start
> Apache manually.
> This is odd behaviour. Should a security update be allowed to overwite
> config files that have been manually altered by the sys admin?
> Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?
> This is what I have defined for Apache2 logs:
> APACHE_ACCESS_LOG="/var/log/apache2/access_log common,
> /var/log/apache2/browser_log agent,
> /var/log/apache2/referer_log referer,
> /var/log/apache2/combined_access_log combined,
> /var/log/apache2/ROBOT_LOG agent"

That is invalid syntax for a file which is sourced by a shell script
(which is what happens).

Put everything in one line, or use backslashes to escape the newlines

(Assuming that the pasted snippet is verbatim)

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH                 Thought is limitation.
Research & Development                   Free your mind.