Re: [suse-security] OT: X Server with cygwin. Was Re:[suse-security] safety with scp

Thursday 10 November 2005 17.56 skrev miguel gmail:
> > I know what you mean about lack of "su" - here's one way to get round it:
> > I run XP as a Restricted user.
> > In Start -> Run I have "runas /user:[administrative user name] cmd"
> > I get a prompt for a password and then I have a command promt running as
> > root^H^H^H^Hadministrator
>
> I am using w2k... this is, i cannot use that revolutionary and cutting
> edge technology to switch user in the middle of a sesion :-( ;-)

Revolutionary ;) Hmm...

Anyway, you don't need WXP to use the runas command. It has been available
since WinNT and can be used in W2K.

C:\>runas
RUNAS USAGE:

RUNAS [/profile] [/env] [/netonly] /user: program

/profile if the user's profile needs to be loaded
/env to use current environment instead of user's.
/netonly use if the credentials specified are for remote access only.
/user should be in form USER@DOMAIN or DOMAIN\USER
program command line for EXE. See below for examples

Examples:
> runas /profile /user:mymachine\administrator cmd
> runas /profile /env /user:mydomain\admin "mmc %windir%\system32\dsa.msc"
> runas /env /user:user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "notepad \"my file.txt\""

NOTE: Enter user's password only when prompted.
NOTE: USER@DOMAIN is not compatible with /netonly.

//Regards Tony

	Tony Stohne

	mailto: tstohne@xxxxxxxxxxxx