Re: Re: [suse-security] libwrap supported services

Hei,

> Last time I had a look on a SLES9 box, there were no such list in
> allow or deny file. It seems that the implementation is a little
> different with workstation versions (including inetd/xinetd).

--> I don't have this list on my SuSE 9.1 box, only on SuSE 9.3
So probably you're right that it has been introduced only lately.

> Do you think this is a complete list of services (with the files in
> /etc/xinetd.d, of course)?

--> I don't really know. But if you really want to be sure, you could
use a command like
"ldd /usr/sbin/* /sbin/* ..."

to list all libraries used by the different programs. Then you have to
look for "libwrap" to find the tcp-wrapper. This will list only
programs using the shared version of libwrap, though. Programs
compiled linking libwrap statically are probably much harder to nail
down.

Good luck!
Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26         office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan             Schloss-Straße 6