Re: [suse-security] libwrap supported services

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 17. November 2005 12:31 schrieb Armin Schoech:
[...]
> > Do you think this is a complete list of services (with the files in
> > /etc/xinetd.d, of course)?
>
> --> I don't really know. But if you really want to be sure, you could
> use a command like
> "ldd /usr/sbin/* /sbin/* ..."
>
> to list all libraries used by the different programs. Then you have
> to look for "libwrap" to find the tcp-wrapper. This will list only
> programs using the shared version of libwrap, though.

For a fast overview, you can also try
rpm -q --whatrequires libwrap.so.0   ;-)

> Programs compiled linking libwrap statically are probably much harder
> to nail down.

I guess rpm also doesn't know about them.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
One of the main reasons for the downfall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of