Re: [suse-security] SlightlyOT: [was] How do I encrypt the swap (partition[s]) under SuSE 9.3 Prof ?

Carlos E. R. wrote:

You might consider erasing the swap partition when powering off, using for the purpose "/etc/init.d/halt.local". The perfomance while in use will be better, but halting will be much slower.

Define erase. In reality, I suspect, you would have to overwrite it multiple times in order to insure data is no longer retrievable. It all depends on your level of paranoia.

--
Until later, Geoffrey