[suse-security] Re: SuSE 9.1 + quota = deadlock - SOLVED!!!

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 11:50:37AM +0100, Jan Kara wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> > any idea when a bugfixed kernel will be available via YOU? this
> > weekend we had to reboot our systems more than once :-(
>   I'm sorry but have you created a bugzilla entry as I asked you? I
> could not find it in our bugzilla. Otherwise I've already sent the patch
> to Marcus. Marcus do you have any idea when there will be a release of
> a new updated kernel? Should I do anything for that?

The problem is that users can create only bugzillas for 10.0 or later...

We will not release a 9.1 kernel from the SLES9_SP2 branch again,
the next will be from the SLES9_SP3 branch.

I take the issue is not there in the SP3 branch, so it should
be safe.

(9.1 is using the SLES 9 kernels.)

An update should be released mid of december. If you need
it earlier, check the SP3 kernel from:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/kernel/kotd/sles9-beta-i386/SLES9_SP3_BRANCH/

(careful please.)

Ciao, Marcus