[suse-security] Re: How do I encypt the swap (partition[s]) under SuSE 9.3 Prof ?

I have not really been following this conversation so please forgive me if this reply is not appropriate.

What about installing your swap partitions on a USB memory
stick. Would that work?  You could take the drive out when
the machine is not in use.

Yes it would work, but system performance will be much worse. And I think it is useless, because the system will probably crash very hard if you remove parts of its virtual memory.

I also haven't read the whole conversation, but how about buying another gig of RAM and disable swap at all? Huh?

Markus