Re: [suse-security] SlightlyOT: [was] How do I encrypt the swap (partition[s]) under SuSE 9.3 Prof ?

Sebastian Kübeck wrote:
Stupid question:
How about having no swap partition at all and giving the box enough RAM?
I couldn't think of a bullet prove way of hiding the key for the encrypted partition. An option would be that you enter a password
Every time you boot the box but that's most probably not what you want.

If you want true security, that's the first thing you should start with. Everyone of my boxes requires a bios password.

Now I know that's not the kind of password you're talking about, but you really should secure your box from all possible avenues.

Security works best in layers, like an onion.

--
Until later, Geoffrey