Re: [suse-security] SuSE Firewall/Router

OIivier Grossmann wrote:
> i've configured a suse 10.0 base machine with router functionality and a
> proxyserver (squid).
OK
> I've activated package forwarding and have two network
> cards.
package forwarding?
> The problem is i can specify the proxy server or i couldn't - it doesn't
> matter!! It is important that every client have to specify the proxyserver
> - only over the proxy! How can I do that?
If I understand you correctly, you are wanting to make sure all clients
go through the proxy.  I would suggest using the redirect rules in
SuSEfirewall2, and configure squid as a transparent proxy.  The rule
reroutes all http traffic through squid, so all clients would be proxied
with no extra settings for them.

--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission