Re: [suse-security] How to make SuSEfirewall2 accept packets passing bridge-interface (solved)

Christian Boltz schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> Am Sonntag, 27. November 2005 01:30 schrieb David Huecking: [...]
>
>> The only question now is: In which start/ init-script should I
>> put the commands to build the bridge-device in case of a reboot
>> and when I don't want to build the bridge manually. It has to
>> happen after the physical network-interfaces...
>

> Write your own small initscript (based on /etc/init.d/skeleton) and
> enter "network" in Required-Start. Then insserv yourscript
>

> Regards,
>
> Christian Boltz

Another solution is to put a call to your script into
/etc/init.d/boot.localnet (behind marker "start"). In this case after
any updates to that script you will have to rewrite the script again.
This action has the advantage that you get your process started in the
right place. So I did with my wireless-usb nic because ndiswrapper
wasn't starting as  it should. There is some kind of non standard
handling of init-scripts in SuSE which makes problems with your own
init-scripts e.g. with flexlm so some stuff must be started in SuSE's
scripts to be run in the right place on boot. There is a requirement
section in the init-script telling when to start and what is required
but this doesn't work at all. I always had to make a symlink in
/etc/init.d/rc* by hand to start script x exactly when I want it to start.

HTH!

Philippe

- --
Diese Nachricht ist digital signiert und enthält weder Siegel noch
Unterschrift!

Die unaufgeforderte Zusendung einer Werbemail an Privatleute verstößt
gegen §1 UWG und 823 I BGB (Beschluß des LG Berlin vom 2.8.1998 Az:
16 O 201/98). Jede kommerzielle Nutzung der übermittelten
persönlichen Daten sowie deren Weitergabe an Dritte ist ausdrücklich
untersagt!