Re: [suse-security] Problems with latest SuSE apache2-mod_php5 from SuSE update

Hi,

Marcus Meissner wrote:
We will find out what went wrong and release updated packages...
Might take some days into next week since php4 is massive :(

To give you another data point, I've also experienced problems with the latest group of PHP4 updates.

I have updated machines with SuSE 9.0, 9.2 and 10.0 with no problems whereas the only machine I manage with SuSE 9.3 did have problems.

After updating mod_php on this last machine, all pages get returned blank accompanied by an entry in the Apache error log like "[notice] child pid 2298 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)"

It could be of interest that this machine is the only one that makes use of mod_rewrite so perhaps these problems are something to do with the conflicts with mod_rewrite mentioned in this thread by Max Belushkin (and not something necessarily specific to SuSE 9.3)

Andy