Re: [suse-security] How to make SuSEfirewall2 accept packets passing bridge-interface (solved)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Sunday 2005-11-27 at 16:06 +0100, Philippe Vogel wrote:
>
> > There is some kind of non standard
> > handling of init-scripts in SuSE which makes problems with your own
> > init-scripts e.g. with flexlm so some stuff must be started in SuSE's
> > scripts to be run in the right place on boot. There is a requirement
> > section in the init-script telling when to start and what is required
> > but this doesn't work at all. I always had to make a symlink in
> > /etc/init.d/rc* by hand to start script x exactly when I want it to start.
>
> Then there is something wrong with your procedure, because the SuSE way
> has always worked for me. I never tamper with the symlinks, as they can be
> erased by Yast.

I was about to say something similar.  Assuming you've got the init
comments syntax correct, Philippe: you do run insserv on the services
you want to have run at boot after putting the init script in?

Bjørn
--
Bjørn Tore Sund            Phone:  (+47) 555-84894     Stupidity is like a
System administrator       Fax:    (+47) 555-89672     fractal; universal and