Re: [suse-security] Problem with last Hylafax update (notify script)

Carlos E. R. wrote:

The Friday 2006-01-27 at 22:00 -0000, Hubertus A. Haniel wrote:

I have filed it in the Novell Bugzilla but I have not to much faith that  they
will accept the bug unless somebody reproduces this on the 10.0/10.1 distros.

It is a bug introduced by the last security update, therefore, it is the responsibility of SuSE folks to undo it. I forwarded it to "security at suse.de", but so far, not even an acknowledgment.

I completely agree with your statement but unfortunatly I had different experiences with Novell (not SuSE) recently where it was difficult to get something fixed on a older platform especially if it is a component which is not part of SLES if it was not a security issue.

Best regards
Hubba