Re: [suse-security] Re: SUSE Security Announcement: gpg,liby2util signature checking problems (SUSE-SA:2006:013)

On Monday 06 March 2006 11:51 am, Malte Gell wrote:
> Why is this a matter of what mirror one choses? I thought it´s only a
> matter of how YOU or your fou4s checks the signatures?
>
> Malte

YOU doesn't check signatures. It is a security issue. Be very careful of the
repositories you setup in YOU. I recommend only using YOU for SUSE provided
updates. Use smart, apt/synaptic, etc for other updates such as KDE, GNOME,
etc because they do some rpm signature checking.

Stan