Re: [suse-security] SUSE Security Announcement: gpg signature checking problems (SUSE-SA:2006:014)

On Sunday 12 March 2006 2:51 am, ken wrote:

> Is the SuSE security team's public key broken on <http://pgp.mit.edu>?

  No, just tried it, works fine.

> I went there, downloaded
> <http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3D25D3D9> to (say
> for brevity) file.pubkey, and then ran
>
> gpg --import file.pubkey
>
> This returned with:
>
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: Total number processed: 0
>
> Actually, I did all this twice, including downloading, with the same
> result each time.  Using gpg2 yeilded the same.  What's the deal?

  How are you 'downloading it'? I copied then pasted to kate and
saved it as test.key

gpg --import test.key
gpg: key 3D25D3D9: duplicated user ID detected - merged
gpg: key 3D25D3D9: "SuSE Security Team <security@xxxxxxx>" 49 new signatures

     Scott

--
Braccae illae virides cum subucula rosea et tunica Caledonia
POPFile, the OpenSource EMail Classifier http://popfile.sourceforge.net/