Re: [suse-security] SUSE Security Announcement: gpg signature checking problems (SUSE-SA:2006:014)

Scott Leighton wrote:
> On Sunday 12 March 2006 8:28 am, ken wrote:
>>Using Firefox, brought up the page mentioned above, clicked on File >
>>Save Page As, gave a directory and filename, and clicked OK.  Nothing at
>>all mysterious or unusual.  After the first download I used vi to trim
>>off the couple html lines above and below the key delimiters (even
>>though I was almost sure it didn't matter-- gpg would find the
>>delimiters).  For the second download (after the first file wouldn't
>>import) I left the little bit of html code in the file and got the same
>>result.
>>
>>After the second failure I did a diff on the two files and the only
>>difference was that aforementioned html code.
>>
>>Did you download the key from the page cited above?  Or somewhere else?
>>

>      I went straight to the url in your message, did a selection of
> the key then right clicked and did copy text (using Opera). Switched
> to kate and did an edit paste, saved the result as test.key and it
> imported just fine.
>
>      Scott

Thanks, Scott.  I just used a cut-n-paste to a gnome-terminal, ran "gpg
--import ..." on it and it worked.  This is the method I use most often,
so I guess I'll stay with it.  I didn't use it on this page earlier
because cutting and pasting sometimes horks on big chunks of text... a
limitation of the clipboard size, I'm told.

So on to the next step.  Thanks again.

--
"This world ain't big enough for the both of us,"
said the big noema to the little noema.