Re: SPAM: Re: [suse-security] Please cancel my e-mails

Peter Van Lone wrote:
> On 7/23/06, Geoffrey <esoteric@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Placing this info in the body is a waste of space.
> that's absurd. It takes exactly no more nor less space/bandwidth to
> move the unsubsribe instructions to the message body.
Splitting hairs here ... it takes approximately the same amount of space
on disk to put it in headers or in the body. However, it takes up more
screen space, and thus more human attention span, to put it in the body.

But not much more, so it really doesn't matter.

> it's not a question of "whose fault" -- rather one of effectiveness.
On the other hand, I also don't believe that putting the instructions in
message footers (in the body) would actually increase effectiveness.
People who just spam the list without reading the instructions are just
as unlikely to read the message footers.

Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.                      http://crispincowan.com/~crispin/
Director of Software Engineering, Novell  http://novell.com