Re: SPAM: Re: [suse-security] Please cancel my e-mails

On 7/23/06, Crispin Cowan <crispin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
On the other hand, I also don't believe that putting the instructions in
message footers (in the body) would actually increase effectiveness.
People who just spam the list without reading the instructions are just
as unlikely to read the message footers.

you could be right, though I do know that many people use applications
that don't make finding the header easy or obvious. And these folks
may not really know how to do it. So, sending an email is the choice
they make.

I'm sorry I've taken up this much bandwidth with this issue ... but I
do think sometimes that "how we have always done it" does not speak to
the current need.

Peter