Re: SPAM: Re: [suse-security] Please cancel my e-mails

On 7/23/06, George A. Simpson, Jr. <gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Bullsh*t!

People need to take responsibility for what they do. It's the fault of
the person that signed up.

good god -- I am surely glad that I don't have these pent-up wells of
anger and frustration.

I am taking the perspective here of the service provider. If I offer a
service or software that is consistently mis-understood, it is my job,
from my perspective, to fix it. There are still other perspectives,
and certainly as a "regular guy" I'm going to have some fun poking fun
of idiocy when I see it. It's great bar-time buffoonery.

But that is not how a service provider should think. And, being that
SUSE is a community, and we are it, we are the service provider.

That's just my perspective. I want "us" to be as effective as can be.

Then, there is the whole "shoulds and oughts" thing. I have a hard
enough time keeping up with my own sense of what I "should and ought"
to be doing. I don't have time or energy to waste on expecting much
from a stranger.

If the person sighed up, they should know how to un - signup.
I"m on three or four of the suse lists and at least once a week some
numb-nut sends in one saying "cancel me". Then this long thread starts
of the same sh*t, every week. I didn't sign up just to enter in a
conversation on how to unsubscribe to a list and it's the list mom's
fault.... It's not. It's the person who can't follow directions...

It would be effective if people read the instructions when they signed
up and/or the headers. Then again, that would require some thought on
the persons behalf. No, it makes more sense to bother the rest of us
with something we can't help them with anyway.

...I mean, it's not like this isn't brought up on most (if not all - or
so it seems) of the suse lists about every *&^% week. Not to mention on
some lists it happens every week like clock work. Didn't they get the
list last week when we said all the same sh*t?
If you are smart enough to sign up, you should be smart enough to
cancel it. Just follow the directions. You know, the same directions
you got when you signed up?

Maybe we should have a competency test for those who want to sign up?
Someone else thought of that on another list. I'm starting to like the
idea. On other lists the person sends threats back to the list. What a
total dumb a**.

***
*You know - actually I would think differently if they sent a email and
said, "hey guys, I know the first email said how to cancel this thing,
but I don't remember how. Can someone please remind me?"
That would be different. That I would maybe understand.

  ... pissed off, tired and aggravated,
George

Atheism is a non-prophet organization