Von: Bob Vickers [mailto:bobv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. Juli 2006 10:55
An: SuSE-Security
Betreff: [suse-security] Command line version of You

Since upgrading to 10.1 I have found applying security updates has become
an extremely hit-and-miss process which takes much longer than it did
under SuSE 9.3. I would be very grateful if someone could answer two
questions:

(1) What is the simplest way of applying security updates from the
command-line? Something equivalent to
 online_update security

(2) How do you configure it to use a local mirror instead of the far-off
Austrian mirror that the Setup process likes to configure?

I have looked at the rug man page and frankly don't understand it (the
only bit I do understand turns out to be a lie: it says the only command
you need is 'rug update'). I'm not interested in catalogues and services
etc, I just want to install security updates.

Regards,
Bob Vickers