[suse-security] Re: Command line version of You

On Jul 25, Bob Vickers <bobv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Since upgrading to 10.1 I have found applying security updates has become
an extremely hit-and-miss process which takes much longer than it did
under SuSE 9.3. I would be very grateful if someone could answer two
questions:

Hi,
You might want to try the beta version of fou4s available from http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/ You need to use the "--nopatch" option to disable patch RPMs until you have installed the "rpm" update package which enables them. The final version will hopefully do this automatically ;)

(1) What is the simplest way of applying security updates from the
command-line? Something equivalent to
online_update security

fou4s -uis
(fou4s --update --install --security)
-- you only need to use --update once a day or so, it fetches the update descriptions. All other operations are local (except for downloading of course). Use the -v option to see update descriptions.

(2) How do you configure it to use a local mirror instead of the far-off
Austrian mirror that the Setup process likes to configure?
fou4s --server -w

Markus