[suse-security] Re: How to not allowing YoU to update the kernel?

On Jul 28, Beck, Odd Arne <df396oab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As I have installed a program that requires the server to have a "stable" kernel version I would like YoU to NOT update the kernel unless I say so. If the kernel is updated I have to recompile the beforementioned program in order for it to work... (...in case of an emergency/uncontrolled reboot)

Hi,
You might want to try fou4s (http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/) instead of YOU. It allows you to ignore some updates ("IgnoreList" in fou4s.conf) or just inform about the updates without installation ("RemarkList").

Fou4s is especially designed for use in cron-jobs.

Markus