Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 FTP problems since update to10.0 [SOLVED]

> On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 23:14 +0100, Leen de Braal wrote:
>> > Hello All!
>> >

>> > in FW_MASQ_NETS.  It worked great.  Now my FTP clients stop dead in
>> > their tracks at the PORT command.
>> >

>> Try the last block (nr 32.) in SFW:
>>
>> FW_LOAD_MODULES="ip_nat_ftp"
>

> That fixed it.  After a little research, I see these kernel modules are
> directly applicable to netfilter / iptables.  Is there somewhere that
> they are well documented?  I searched http://www.netfilter.org/ for a
> while and couldn't find any clear detail on ip_nat_ftp and
> ip_conntrack_ftp or if there's even any other modules that might be
> useful.

If you want to know more about the innerdepths of netfilter, maybe you
should subscribe to one of their mailinglists.
But on the site is quite a lot of documentation. I did not search it for
ip_nat_ftp, so I do not know if there is something in there already.
IPtables is a work in progress, new modules getting born from time to
time.

--
L. de Braal
BraHa Systems