Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 3.4 seems to have a big hole

Am Samstag, 4. November 2006 12:39 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
> Mathias Homann wrote:
> > older versions of SuSEfirewall2 used to have this setting:
> > # Do you want to autoprotect all running network services on the
> > firewall?
> > FW_AUTOPROTECT_SERVICES="yes"
> >
> > but it's missing in 3.4 which comes with suse 10.0. So I have to
> > actively close all high ports which have something running on
> > them which I dont want to be accessible from the internet, but I
> > do need the high ports open.
>
> Why do you need the whole high port range open?

for incoming irc DCC (or so i thought). But after trying it out with
the irc tracking modules loaded, and highports NOT open, DCC still
works...

But anyways, the autoprotect_services feature was useful, why is it
gone, and when will it be back?

bye,
MH