Re: [opensuse-security] Weird encrypted filesystem problem.

Carlos E. R. wrote:
> So the alternative is to compile all modules and reboot.
>
> [...]
>
> Done that, but now it fails somewhere else:
>

>   nimrodel:~/bin/cryptsetup-legacy # ./cryptsetup-twofishSL92 foo /dev/hdc
>   Enter passphrase:
>   nimrodel:~/bin/cryptsetup-legacy # l /dev/mapper/
>   total 0
>   drwxr-xr-x  2 root root     80 Apr 16 23:41 ./
>   drwxr-xr-x 11 root root   8200 Apr 16 23:41 ../
>   lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     16 Apr 16 23:32 control -> ../device-mapper
>   brw-------  1 root root 253, 0 Apr 16 23:41 foo

Looks good

>   nimrodel:~/bin/cryptsetup-legacy # mount /dev/mapper/foo a/
>   mount: Function not implemented
>
> I have no idea what function it is talking about... but as far as I know,,
> I'm following your instructions.

Hmm, no idea. Are you sure a/ is a directory? Any suspicious entry in
/var/log/messages? Are you sure the device is not used by cryptoloop
already?

> I noticed that the compile.sh aplies dm-crypt-nulliv.diff, but there is
> another file, 'cryptsetup-luks-1.0.4-loop_fish2_compat.diff' that is not
> applied anywhere. Should I? If so, what to and how?

That's a patch for cryptsetup. You only need it if you use the even
older 160bit twofish encryption.

> Also, I have that 'foo' mapped, but I don't know how to unmap it. Can I
> simply eject the dvd in /dev/hdc? This is new to me.

dmsetup remove foo

cu
Ludwig

--