Re: [opensuse-security] Weird encrypted filesystem problem.

Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Tuesday 2007-04-17 at 09:47 +0200, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Nothing at all in the logs (and I have "KERNEL_LOGLEVEL=1" in
> /etc/sysconfig/syslog).
>
> Is there something I can do to expand info? How to know what that
> "Function not implemented" is refering to?

Maybe an strace of mount gives some insight.

> Could it be that the mount program in 10.2 can not mount device-mapper
> things?

No, mount doesn't care where the device comes from.

> Perhaps I could try with a plain dvd, if you tell me a procedure.

plain dvd? You mean using an unencrypted dvd via device mapper?

> (I tried again with a intentionally wrong passphrase, and there is no
> complain; I don't like that).

There is no complaint at this point with the old method either. It's
up to you/a script/mount to determine whether the decrypted data
makes sense.

> The corresponding line in fstab for that dvd is:
>
>   /dev/dvd    /mnt/dvd.crypta.x9      auto    ro,noauto,user,loop,encryption=twofishSL92
>
> The filesystem is XFS.

Is the filesystem properly identified as xfs after you've set up the
dm target? Ie does /lib/udev/vol_id /dev/mapper/foo tell you that
it's xfs?

cu
Ludwig

--