Re: [opensuse-security] Weird encrypted filesystem problem.

Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Tuesday 2007-04-17 at 17:24 +0200, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
>
> > > close(3)                                = 0
> > > stat64("/sbin/mount.xfs", 0xbf9ec6f0)   = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> > > mount("/dev/mapper/foo", "foodir/", "xfs", MS_MGC_VAL, NULL) = -1 ENOSYS (Function not implemented)
> > > rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, ~[TRAP SEGV RTMIN RT_1], NULL, 8) = 0
> > > write(2, "mount: Function not implemented\n", 32) = 32
> > > exit_group(32)                          = ?
> > >
> > > Truly, '/sbin/mount.xfs' does not exist in my system. Either that, or the
> > > non existing function is 'mount()'.
> >
> > The function does exist, it just throws an ENOSYS error :-)
>
> Ah :-(
>
> ¿Is that a bug I should report in bugzilla?

That's what I'm trying to find out.

> And the missing "/sbin/mount.xfs"? What is that?

Normal, mount first checks if there is a special mount program for a
filesystem.

> I also have a concoction of zisofs compressed and xfs encripted
> filesystems, but that one is complex to test (it worked last time I tried
> some months back).

I don't understand what you mean. xfs is not an encryption algorithm
it's a filesystem just as zisofs is.

> I have no idea how to mount plain dvds using the device map thing, which

The device mapper is of no use there. You can just mount the device
directly.

cu
Ludwig

--