Re: [opensuse-security] Weird encrypted filesystem problem.

Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > > I also have a concoction of zisofs compressed and xfs encripted
> > > filesystems, but that one is complex to test (it worked last time I tried
> > > some months back).
> >
> > I don't understand what you mean. xfs is not an encryption algorithm
> > it's a filesystem just as zisofs is.
>
> Ok. I'll explain.
>
>  - First I generate a zisofs compressed dvd image, using mkzftree (1) and
>    "mkisofs -Z", which I name "zisofs.iso".
>  - Create an xfs image of an encrypted filesystem (losetup, twofish, etc),
>    in file '/Disco40/crypta.xfs.f'
>  - I mount the xfs image, and copy on the resulting filesystem the
>    iso9660/zisofs dvd image created earlier (zisofs.iso).
>  - I umount the xfs image, and burn it to a dvd.

What do you need the xfs image for? You can just burn the result of
encrypting zisofs.iso.

Anyways. Looks like xfs doesn't work with the sector size of a
cdrom. It works if you attach a loop device first and then use the
loop device for cryptsetup-twofishSL92.
e.g.
losetup /dev/loop0 /dev/hdc
cryptsetup-twofishSL92 foo /dev/loop0